20 Office-Ready Outfits That Look Sharp And Professional
Disclaimer: These products were selected by GoodsVine’s editors. Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that GoodsVine may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Looking for cost-efficient additions to your work wardrobe? We’ve found 20 clothing items we think you’ll ~work~ at the office!
1. This pencil dress hugs you in all the right places, accentuating your curves while keeping things comfy at work.
Review: “I LOVE this dress!!!!! It is so comfortable, forgiving, and beautifully made! The fabric is very stretchy but does not “thin” out as it stretches, no see-through issues. I am 5’6″, 130#, 34C/D, normally a size 6 and the medium looked like it was custom made for me! If you are hesitant, get over it – I plan to get a few different colors, it’s a keeper!” – Sharon LBuy on Amazon
2. These high-waisted, stretchy leggings add a little fun to your sleek work OOTD.
Review: “I have a 25.5 inch waist, 5’1” and got an XS. They do have some stretch, but anything tighter would cause muffin top. They are snug (but not difficult) to slide over my hips and then sit comfortably on the smallest part of my waist. I think a small would have been too big so I think the size I got is perfect. The legs fit well, so no complaints there, and the fabric also has a little stretch. It feels polyester-ish but not scratchy. The waist is elastic (but doesn’t bunch) with no closure or button and there are front pockets. Overall no weird bunching or gaps on me or anything, but I’m not super curvy on my lower half either. My only complaint is that they’re too long, but I’m short and used to hemming my clothes.’ – Amazon CustomerBuy on Amazon
3. This pair of Oxford’s from Cole Haans are a perfect balance between formal and casual, great for work meeting or a regular day at the office.
Review: “Beautiful shoes. It is a mix of formal and sport that allows you to wear it to go to work or even attend a casual meeting. Very comfortable. The only thing I would suggest is really checking the size of your feet because Cole Haan tends to run a little bigger than the usual size for other shoes. So I would recommend you to get half a number down (i.e. if you are a 10, get a 9.5 and so on), because for some reason, Cole Haans tend to run bigger. Cole Haan is absolutely the best brand of shoes I have purchased so far.” – FlanaganBuy on Amazon
4. Looking for something that’ll help you battle the chill at your desk? This long knitted cardigan is of really good quality and will definitely keep you warm and cosy.
Review: “A lovely surprise-a beautiful sweater which keeps its shape and provides just enough warmth for my chilly air conditioned office. Great buy for $20, and I usually buy many things at Talbots and Nordstrom. This piece is awesome!” – GrammieBuy on Amazon
5. Long sleeved polo shirts are also a good choice of workwear. Stylish yet casually professional, this slim fitted piece is a must-have!
Review: “This arrived super fast. I was not expecting it to arrive within a day but it was here in great shape. The color is wonderful! Not a fire engine red but a wonderful sorta cranberry red color. The fabric is smooth and silky to the touch. The fit was great also. I bought medium which fit perfectly. I wear a 15 to 15 1/2 shirt,…..I have an athletic build so the shirt shows that off beautifully. I would buy this again!” – David A. BryantBuy on Amazon
6. If you want footwear that is built to last, lightweight, and comfy, these Birkenstock clogs are definitely something you have to add to your shopping cart.
Review: “This product is amazing in my opinion, also essential for work, because they support your back as well as they giving you a comfort to your feet. Been using few pairs of them in the last ten years, so they are well-tested. Berry in mind, that they are not very comfy for long walks, but for small spaces kitchens alike work, they are perfect.” – VeskoBuy on Amazon
7. This polo jersey top will help keep you cool as you stay on top of your daily tasks.
Review: “These look great. My daughter just got her first job. She needed black polo shirts. She is usually a medium but after reading other reviews I ordered a large and am glad I did, these fit her perfectly. A medium would have been too tight through the chest and maybe the arms. If you have smaller arms or smaller chest than your regular size would probably work.” – Momof4Buy on Amazon
8. These khakis will guarantee a perfect fit, and the best part? They don’t require any ironing, making them a great choice for when you’re rushing off to work.
Review: “The pants fit me perfectly I am 5ft 9in tall I weigh 190 lbs slim athletic fit, so sometimes it’s hard to find pants that fit my skinny thighs without having to wear a skinny cut which I won’t because it’s not my style! Well-made and premium feel to the pants and the move with you I have worn them several times and they are holding up well, but of course you need to take care of them so in closing fit is great, mater is great and the look and feel of the pants are great!” – William PattersonBuy on Amazon
9. For a casual look that’s sporty, casual, but still perfect for the office, try these cargo pants that come with multi-pockets!
Review: “I has washed all these pants, dried on low heat and has not had any real shrinkage at all, the color has not faded at all either so far as I can tell. The fabric I would say is a medium weight, they feel really comfy, like a favorite pair of pants. The quality material and the seam stitching are all top notch. This is a beautiful piece of cloth that fits perfectly.I love that they look good at such an affordable price. I ‘m happy, and I would not hesitate to buy more.” – Joe N. HernandeBuy on Amazon
10. Sharp, sleek and professional, this formal dress is suitable for every occasion- work meetings, formal events, and even job interviews.
Review: “This is my new favorite work dress. The material is very stretchy and flattering. I’m 5’7, 165, 36D and the large fit me great (I normally wear a size 8 dress) to give you sizing ideas. The material looks thick and high quality but is actually thin and stretchy, which I really like. I get tons of compliments on this dress every time I wear it, and people are shocked to learn it is both inexpensive AND from Amazon!” – ChrisBuy on Amazon
11. Wanna beat the heat but look office-ready at the same time? This chiffon blouse is elegant enough to do the trick!
Review: “I love this top! I bought it for work because it’s somewhat dressy with being a little casual. The material is a little different but it’s comfortable and fits true to sizing. I will probably buy another one in a different color!” – NatalieBuy on Amazon
12. This tunic top is designed to show off your best features. Its double layers and pleated drape design adds an elegant touch that will definitely make you look slimmer!
Review: “All I can say is wow! This shirt dresses up any old tired pair of slacks or pencil skirt! It can even be worn casual with jeans and boots too! Very flattering in the front with the pleats and waist band allows the pooch to be there without people being able to see it! Great design. The material is very soft not itchy at all, no need to wear a cami underneath just match your bra appropriately (color shirt: beige). Sleeve length is great, it almost seems adjustable because the sleeves can be fluffier or straighter according to your arm length.” – MollyBBuy on Amazon
13. These ankle boots add a little ~spice~ to your business professional work outfit.
Review: “The heels are thick, sturdy, and SUPER easy to walk in! I don’t wear heels often – or at all, really, unless you count the one pair of wedge sandals I keep in my closet – so I was afraid that I’d take one step in these and break both ankles. Obviously I didn’t. These aren’t stilettos, that’s for sure! If you’re looking for something with a big smokin’ sexy heel that’ll really play up your legs and ass, these are not for you. However, if you want something cute and easy for beginners or the vertically-challenged, these are perfect.” – Amazon CustomerBuy on Amazon
14. The knitted sweater is lightweight, soft and stretchy, which provides excellent comfort and warmth when you’re seated under the AC.
Review: “The sweater is sized perfectly to your shirt size. I wear medium sweaters and it fit perfectly over my dress shirt. The sweater allowed freedom of movement, but did not feel bulky or baggy.” – TORNADOTLABuy on Amazon
15. With the right shoes, you can make these flared yoga pants ~werk~ for work. They’re super versatile and comfortable too!
Review: “I LOVE these pants for my serving job. I’m 4’11 (5 feet on a good day) 110lb and I ordered the XS 27’ inseam. They are the perfect length! The material is really stretchy and feels like yoga pants. They still have back pockets which makes them look more professional.” – Chrissy CobbBuy on Amazon
16. The effortless comfort of a long sleeved flannel shirt can be dressed up to suit a formal event or work meeting, but can also be worn to a casual outing.
Review: “I have very broad shoulders with a small gut. I’m 5’11 and 215lbs. This shirt was perfect in XL for me. This shirt fits perfectly. A little baggy around the midsection, just a little. Good arm length. Very Soft. It is not what I would call a skinny fit.” – Vince E.Buy on Amazon
17. Make a powerful statement with this jumpsuit that’ll flatter your figure and elongate your legs.
Review: “This jumpsuit looks polished and professional – a little dressy but not over the top. It fits me perfectly at the waist, and the bust, which is drapey, is very forgiving for a large bust. It’s a little long on me but works fine with a pair of heels. The material is a light-to-medium weight, and the color is a nice deep black. I usually wear a medium 30% of the time and a large 70% of the time, and I ordered a large. I’m 5’3″, 145 lb, with a 36D bust. Other than a little bit more length than strictly needed, the large fit me perfectly.” – AJ The OriginalBuy on Amazon
18. This bodycon dress with golden embellishments is so elegant and versatile that you can wear it to the office, and rock it to a dinner party afterwards.
Review: “I was uncertain of the quality and design when I purchased it but I’m so glad I did. This dress is gorgeous! So stunning. It is flattering in all the right places and you can dress it up or down. I am wearing a xl. I am 5.10 and 200lbs. I will definitely buy again in another color!” – MonaBuy on Amazon
19. These shirts are office-appropriate, which is why you should get one for every day of the week.
Review: “Love this shirt. Usually my size is M but this is a slim fit shirt so i got it size L.
It fits great. I have and athletic body not big on my waist and regular shirts are baggy on my waist, this one fits great and the material feels really good. Will buy another one in a different color.” – Roger M Galan
20. This cardigan is a perfect shrug that can be used to the office if you’re looking for a formal yet relaxed look.
Review: “Purchase three quarter sleeve, 2xl. Fits as expected. Looks nice. It is well made. I have no complaints. It works great for keeping me a bit warmer in my air conditioned office without being too heavy to wear outside in the summer.” – AlbertaBuy on Amazon
Reviews have been edited for length and brevity.