21 Cleaning Products You Need In Your Home That People Swear By
Disclaimer: These products were selected by GoodsVine’s editors. Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that GoodsVine may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. Say goodbye to dirt with this drill brush and attachments set that'll clean any surface in your home!
Review: “I knew our tiles were dirty, but it wasn't until I used this did I find out *how* dirty. They were filthy. The water I mopped up after using these scrubbers was nearly black. I've attached a picture showing before and after. This was one of the best cleaning purchases I've ever made on Amazon (aside from my roombas). If you have dirty tiles, get yourself this kit.” – JustiniusBuy on Amazon
2. Those tough, dried-up stains and years worth of dirt accumulation will be gone in a jiffy with this handy steam mop. The hot steam also helps sanitize your floor, eliminating bacteria while keeping your home fresh.
Review: “I just put the Bissell steam mop through its paces and I'm moved to write a scintillating review. It arrived today and took all of five minutes to assemble. So simple a caveman can do it. I followed the directions (note to other dissatisfied reviewers) to the letter. Filled the reservoir with distilled water (not top water and DEFINITELY no chemicals) and selected the lowest steam setting once the ready light steadied after a short warm up. Before setting out on my steam adventure, I vacuumed all of the floors so everything was dirt free.” – Steven BakerBuy on Amazon
3. This natural multi-surface cleaner is a great alternative if you have sensitive skin. Made with a mild and refreshing lemon verbena scent, it's safe to use as a hardwood floor cleaner, tile cleaner, on countertops, walls and more.
Review: “Began spritzing here and there —totally enjoying the smell-but more important the cleaning power. No matter what I sprayed–it cleaned and left a fresh sparkle and the cleanest scent-EVER! I hit the counters, the sink, the stove, the microwave and the refrigerator door (I will continue to clean the inside of the fridge before I shop). I am now heading to my 2 bathrooms—I have gone into a cleaning frenzy–believe me- this is so NOT me! But it's SO easy and SO efficient–why stop now!” – BonBuy on Amazon
4. Suck up all the dirt and debris in every nook and cranny with this handheld vacuum cleaner. This vac also included a crevice tool that provides access to hard-to-reach areas and it also has a brush which allows you to dust and vacuum upholstery.
Review: “I've only had this product a few days, but so far it's great. It has good suction and comes with two attachments (a brush and a crevice tool). The wall mount is really convenient too (you do need a drill to install it). I have limited counter space in my house, so getting it off surfaces really helps declutter. This one charges quickly and I haven't had a problem. It is super easy to empty and clean and so far I have loved it. I have used it to pick up spills, dirt piles from sweeping, kitty litter around the litter box, and dust on the baseboards. The only thing I could wish for is a way to store the attachments on the wall too.” – HannahBuy on Amazon
5. This wood floor cleaner has a no-wax formula that leaves your hardwood floor cleaner and shiner than ever!
Review: “I love using method to clean my hardwood floors. I usually buy it at the store but they have been out of stock for many months so I was glad when I came across it and ordered it. Love the scent, very easy to use and leaves my floors very shiny without a film or chemical smell. I always recommend this product to everyone since it’s my go to product and the smell doesn’t trigger my headaches.” – FlorBuy on Amazon
6. Looking for a Magic Eraser in a sheet? Check out these Mr Clean Magic Eraser disposable sheets that work great as a bathroom cleaner and for cleaning greasy stove tops, tough stains in microwaves, grimy fridge handles, hard water spots and stains on sinks and faucets.
Review: “These are to be used to wipe surfaces and are more or less a glorified wipe! I LOVE them. I used one to wipe down my kitchen. Unlike regular wipes it quickly removed smudges, hard water stains and burn marks on the stove. I had to use a microfiber towel to removed the streaks afterwards and it looks like a million bucks. Instead of scrubbing and scrubbing, it takes a wipe or two and the residue or marks are gone. I’m also going to use these to wipe my bathroom down. This will definitely become a regular purchase for me..game changer.” – KaseyBuy on Amazon
7. Microfiber cleaning cloths are a great choice if you're looking for non-abrasive cleaning rags. They are ultra soft, highly absorbent, and clean fine dust that cannot be seen by the naked eye.
Review: “I love these microfiber cleaning cloths! I bought my first set last summer and loved them so much that I bought more a couple months later. I use them all over my house from washing dishes and wiping down countertops to using them dry to dust. One of my very favorite things about these cloths is how easy it is to clean greasy stovetops (after frying bacon) or a particularly greasy dish. Before I would have to clean my black stovetop several times before I would no longer see greasy streak marks, no matter what cleaning product I used. But with these cloths, they clean up the grease the first time and I am left with a sparkling stovetop every single time. Washing these are super easy too.” – Dana M. HarperBuy on Amazon
8. This heavy duty fume-free oven cleaner cleans tough spills and grease buildup with so much ease. Simply spray and wait while it dissolves away stubborn stains so you can wipe them away without having to scrub harshly.
Review: “I have used countless cleaners – bleach, comet, peroxide, shower cleaners, toilet cleaner…nothing touched it. Even professional maids haven't gotten it any better. I just assumed my tile shower was discolored with age. I let the Easy Off sit on it a few hours and then scrubbed it with a vinegar/water mix. I did have to do a second application in a few tough spots. The difference was amazing on both tile and fiberglass. I'm so excited and Easy Off will become a permanent fixture in my cleaning supplies!” – Jessica RBuy on Amazon
9. This easy-to-use toilet cleaning system has toilet scrub pad refill heads preloaded with detergent that click onto the toilet wand. This makes it so much more convenient to clean your toilet, not to mention hygienic too!
Review: “My husband bought this originally because he thought it would be an easier way to clean the toilet – and then he proceeded to not clean. 🙂 I was used to using a toilet brush and toilet cleanser, so I didn't see a need to change. Then I ran out of the toilet cleanser and decided to give the toilet wand a try. It was so easy to use, and it does a really good job of cleaning. I have since thrown out my toilet brushes and just have a toilet wand in each bathroom. The design is really good – just pop a new disposable head on for each cleaning, and when you're finished, there's a button that disconnects the head so it can go right into the trash.” – Susan HallenbeckBuy on Amazon
10. These multifunctional silicone gloves are super handy when you have to clean… well, literally anything. From your surfaces, to pots and even scrubbing your pets, these gloves work great!
Review: “The gloves makes cleaning and washing dishes much easier and more efficient. It foams up quite well and scrub dishes just as well as any sponges. These gloves would save me a lot from buying sponges. The silicone glove is nice and thick, and the bristles are nicely compact and scrubs well. I would definitely stick to using these gloves due to its versatility and ease of use. It’s definitely worth the price.” – Joseph Ho
11. Instead of scrubbing your plates, this dishwashing spray will transform the way you clean up your plates. Just spray the detergent, scrub and rinse- it's that simple!
Review: “I was really excited to try this dish soap after I saw an article about it on CNN. This soap did not disappoint. It is very easy to use, and worked so fast. I used two separate plates from the meatloaf dinner I cooked to test it out, one I just sprayed with this product and rinsed and the other I used regular dawn on a sponge and scrubbed. Both came out clean but it took considerably less time with this product and the dishes smelled and looked great with no residue. A must try.” – Ashtin S.Buy on Amazon
12. We love our furbabies dearly, but sometimes they can be hairy little things. This lint roller will help get all that fur off your clothes, carpets, bags, and even furniture.
Review: “I bought this product after realizing the Scotch Brite fur removing sheets have been discontinued. We have 3 cats and we regularly used the sheets to remove embedded fur from our sofa and chairs. I was skeptical about this product when I bought it and was AMAZED by how well this worked. The best part to me is that it also helps the environment because there are no “sheets” to be thrown away. Highly recommend!!!!!” – jean p godoyBuy on Amazon
13. Cleaning any type of surface is a breeze with some good ol' Windex. It even comes with a crisp citrus scent that is very pleasant.
Review: “This is such a good cleaner. We use it on our acrylic tub enclosure and it keeps it spotless and shiny. When we had the enclosure put it, they gave us a bottle of Clorox spray cleaner for it because you can't use ammonia products. I used that for about a week or two and it kept getting duller and duller. I tried this after I was sure it didn't contain ammonia, which it does not, and it cut right through the bleach product build up. It was all shiny again like brand new. That was 10 years ago and I have only used this product and it still looks like new. Totally recommend!” – M. TormaBuy on Amazon
14. A clean house looks like one, but it also definitely smells like one, which is why you should definitely add these aromatherapy soy candles to your shopping cart!
Review: “I first found these candles as a more affordable alternative to other lavender soy candles. Since then, I've gotten a new one every 2-3 months and continue to be pleased with them. Some reviews note that they don't smell like lavender, but I contest that they do – they don't smell any different from the lavender essential oil that I have. The scent is as strong from when you first burn the candle to the very end. I also find that it burns evenly instead of tunneling into the wax like cheaper candles. When the candles are done, I take the metal wick holder out of the jar, stick it in a microwave to melt the wax, pour it out, and reuse the jar. I'll probably get these candles for years to come.” – BaldwiniteBuy on Amazon
15. Want squeaky clean windows? This microfiber combi wets, cleans, and dries your windows quickly yet effectively. The best part is that its squegee is machine washable as well!
Review: “I cannot believe I have lived 60 years on this planet without this! My professional window washer could not fit me in his schedule for 2 months, so I thought I would try doing my windows myself. I use a solution of equal parts vinegar and hot water, a dribble of Dawn, and voila! I have streak-free, sparkly windows in just minutes. (Use a terry cloth wash cloth to wipe the squeegee after each use, and to catch any drips on the window). I also invested in the 8 ft. extension attachment for use with the bigger windows. Works like a charm!” – JennyBuy on Amazon
16. Your dishwasher will look as good as new after using these natural dishwasher detergent packs. Reviews rave about how its enzyme-rich formula cuts through tough grease and food residue to leave dishes sparkling clean.
Review: “I ordered these because they got a great score in a popular app that rates ingredients for safety and I have been very pleased by their cleaning ability. We get the unscented pods and I like that they do not have added fragrance, especially on things we are going to eat. The container the pods come in is a tall plastic container with an attached lid, which is much easier to use than a bag full of pods. I do find that these are unforgiving if you reach in with a damp hand – they will stick together almost instantly. The great job they do cleaning off tough food more than makes up for that tiny bit of inconvenience.” – MGTaylorBuy on Amazon
17. Dull granite countertops will be a thing of the past with this granite cleaner and polish solution. The cleaner leaves behind a mirror-like shine after wiping away grime, dirt, oils and other messes.
Review: “Have to say it's head and shoulders above any other product of its kind that I have ever used – and I've tried I suppose every one of them. The product goes on very nicely, requires only a couple of sprays to cover a lot of territory. I have always disliked black granite because it's the toughest to keep clean and shiny. Had it in my last house and said I'd never have it again. However, there it was again in a house in Florida that I fell in love with. Same old story, but then I discovered your product, and keeping my huge black counter top clean and bright and shiny is a piece of cake. I thank and commend you for making my life easier.” – JoaneeceeBuy on Amazon
Reviews have been edited for length and brevity.