Here Are 24 Things That You Really Gotta Have In Your Kitchen
Disclaimer: These products were selected by GoodsVine’s editors. Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that GoodsVine may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. These Gorilla Grip cutting boards are non-porous and extremely durable, suitable for everyday usage. They great for meats, veggies, fruits, and even serving cheese.
Review: “I absolutely love these cutting boards. They are very durable and handy. The plastic is less porous than a lot of cheaper cutting boards which makes for a smoother surface which is less harsh on my knives. The biggest bonus is the non-slip edges that keep it safely in place. The graduated sizes are also very convenient, and they all fit nicely in the dishwasher. I will be ordering another set for my boyfriend since he likes mine so much. Highly recommend these for any one that does much work in the kitchen.” – BrittneyBuy on Amazon
2. This oil sprayer will help you control the amount of oil you want to use in your cooking. You can even fill it with balsamic vinegar to spray it over your salads.
Review: “I purchased an air fryer a few weeks ago. With that being said, I love it! I’ve cooked everything in it from chicken wings to steak, flawlessly! However, that classic fried chicken taste either went amiss or I was left with burnt wings. Putting floured wings in the machine caused the smoke alarm to go off and the floured wings scorched black and with a horrible taste. But today, I used my oil sprayer bottle and the spray was very even almost like a mist of water. I floured my seasoned wings, sprayed them with oil from this bottle and voila! Perfect, golden brown wings to the rescue!!! I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!” – RV2Buy on Amazon
3. This sturdy water bottle organizer will help keep your pantry neat and tidy. Maximize vertical space in your cabinets by storing your bottles horizontally.
Review: “It feels like we doubled our useable space. It was hard to see what was actually on the shelf and made items in the back ridiculous to get to before. This rack solves those problem.” – BellaReggieOtisBuy on Amazon
4. These collapsible silicone funnels are great for reducing any sort of spillage in your kitchen. Use this handy contraption to fill your containers with liquids, oils, spices, and even powders.
Review: “These funnels are great because they flatten out and can fit into any drawer. The small one fits into the larger one. They cleaned up fine in the dishwasher too. I’m glad I bought them! Shipment arrived quickly as promised.” – Serena Bell RefouaBuy on Amazon
5. Say goodbye to messy kitchen counters and spice cabinets! These storage canisters will help you organize your condiments so you can finally have that well put together pantry you’ve always wanted.
Review: “These are great. Solid and they stack perfectly. I’m gradually replacing all the storage in my kitchen with these. Initially they seemed small, but I’ve found dozens of used for them. For the first time, ALL the lunch meat got eaten instead of being lost in the pitiful deli bag in the back of the drawer.” – wfitwdBuy on Amazon
6. This set of mixing bowls come with flexible BPA-free plastic lids so that you can enjoy fresh food for longer. They’re also made out of high-quality heavy gauge stainless steel that’s rustproof.
Review: “These bowls are great. Great selection of sizes to fit whatever I need, the lids work well. They are easy to clean, the rubber bottoms prevent the bowls from sliding, but also make them easier to hold. They have a good shape, for mixing items or storing them in the refrigerator, or just to stack them together for storing the bowls empty. Being stainless steel, they are not rusting, but also don’t have the issue of plastic, which is harmful chemicals. The lids fit tightly, and don’t come off. They are different in that the lids go inside the bowl, and not on the outside, so you can not fill the bowls to the very top if you want to also use the lids.” – YipingBuy on Amazon
7. Straining liquids from your pot are made easier with this silicone Strap N Strain strainer. You won’t have to sweat about awkward spills anymore!
Review: “This worked so well for draining beef grease from my large 12″ fry pan. There was no leaking whatsoever like I was afraid of. It poured perfectly into a small cup. I also used it to drain hot water from boiling noodles for the same dinner! I had tried everything to drain fat, from spooning it out, turkey bastering it, and most recently trying to scoop it out and pat it dry. This is a lifesaver! I cannot wait to use it again!” – Ashley MBuy on Amazon
8. With this kitchen soap dispenser, you can avoid dripping soap everywhere, making cleaning up so convenient. Reviewers rave about how it is easy to use, and that it lessens the clutter around your sink.
Review: “I absolutely love this! I leave my sponge on top and do not have to reach under the sink to get my bulky Dawn dish soap bottle from under the sink every time I need it. It looks clean and my friends that have noticed it said something about it. I highly recommend it.” – Lisa CamarenaBuy on Amazon
9. Sear that perfect medium rare steak with this nifty cooking thermometer! The best part? It has a fast and accurate readout, so you can always look forward to well-cooked, mouth-watering meals.
Review: “The instant read thermometer is a really wonderful kitchen tool for candy making, baking, and cooking. This instant read thermometer is well made, easy to read, and accurate. I really like the little touches that set this apart from all the others on the market. There is a safety strap, so you aren’t trying to fish it out of boiling sugar. It comes with an extra battery and a disk to open the battery compartment. Everything fits nicely in the box for secure storage. It is waterproof, so I can wash it off.” – AndrostarrBuy on Amazon
10. Protect your microwave oven from random spills with this mat that can also act as a food cover.
Review: “I wanted a mat for my microwave that would lessen the noise of dishes being placed on the glass, could be cleaned easily, and would allow for extremely hot dishes to be removed easily from the microwave. This sturdy mat meets all these needs perfectly.” – S. PuppalaBuy on Amazon
11. Sharpen your blades with this 3-stage knife sharpener that’ll restore your kitchen knives so that they glide into your food. This product has great value for money because it also comes with cut-resistant gloves.
Review: “My mother gave me a Henkel knife set when I bought my first home almost 20 years ago, and though it came with a long sharpening rod that I used fairly regularly, I never sharpened them in any other way. So, it was not surprising that I was having trouble cutting tomatoes with the blades as they were. This knife sharpener was reasonably priced, small, and I liked the three step process. I sharpened all my knives (about 5) in less than 15 minutes, and they work great! They glide through tomatoes again!” – Always SunnyBuy on Amazon
12. Clear the clutter in your fridge by making more space with these stackable clear fridge organizers. You can even use it to sort out items on your kitchen countertops, closets, and even desks!
Review: “My set of 6-bins arrived in good condition and ARE stackable. So now, I’m ordering a second set. I actually ordered a set to go in a piece of furniture where I store crafts and each bin was to hold a different craft item. But, when they arrived, they fit our snacks perfectly and ended up in the pantry. I’m ordering more for my crafts. Good product. Sturdy plastic (not flimsy). Mine arrived quickly and with no damage – not melted, bent or chipped.” – KGMBuy on Amazon
13. This digital food scale comes in a sleek design that matches many modern-style households. It accurately measures food and doesn’t take up much space on the kitchen counter, either!
Review: “The scale is small, sleek, elegant and light, it’s the perfect size to tuck it in the corner of a drawer or on top of my cook books. The display size is very much appreciated because I seem to misplace my kitchen reading glasses constantly. The industrial design is very appealing and modern, and the “zero” feature is amazing. It’s just absolute perfection. Can’t wait to use it to bake my weekly treats!” – Maria FernandezBuy on Amazon
14. Keep unpleasant odors at bay with this stainless steel trash can. Manufactured with an odor control system to absorb and neutralize any bad smells.
Review: “Adds a bit of ‘class’ to the kitchen. Easy to use, roomy, holds the large white plastic kitchen bags quite firmly, opens wide and slowly closes. Only ‘con’ is the distance it must be situated from the wall/countertop edge so that the lid doesn’t bang into it when you open it.” – Flamingo ladyBuy on Amazon
15. Tired of stale cereal? This cereal dispenser will keep your food fresh and clean for up to 45 days. You can even use it to store other types of dry food, like nuts, oats, granola, and beans.
Review: “We bought two sets of these and we love them. And by we, I especially mean our boys. They like to pretend they’re at a hotel. They were a little difficult to fully assemble – the instructions aren’t overly clear and I thought I was going to break them. They are easy to clean and maintain. If I move to a house with a bigger kitchen I may buy more.” – BeckieBeaBuy on Amazon
16. If you’re looking for a soap dispenser that comes with a minimalist and elegant design, check this one out! It’s really easy to fill, and made from sturdy stainless steel as well.
Review: “This is my second stainless steel soap dispenser from OXO. I had the first one for about three years when I noticed that the stainless steel spout and top opening edges of it rusted. Hopefully that won’t happen again with this newer version because the entire spout and lid is made of hard plastic and rubber. I had to wait a couple of weeks for it to be available for shipment but it was worth it. So far I love it and it’s very easy to use and refill.” – Dee AlvarezBuy on Amazon
17. This 4-blade chopper is exactly what you need to dice veggies and cheese with one easy motion. Chopping up onions won’t bring you to tears anymore with this bad boy.
Review: “For the money this is the best high quality chopper/dicer/slicer i have found! This item comes with four different blades and all of the components are made of durable, thick dishwasher safe plastic. The chopper top section locks in at the pivot point and it is very durable. Disassembly is quick and easy – clean up is a breeze! A stainless steel peeler was offered as a free gift (information included) if you registered your Amazon order number and the process was extremely simple. The cutting area is a little small but it is simple enough to cut items into smaller pieces which also makes it easier to use. Highly recommended!” – Jonathan HarringtonBuy on Amazon
18. Unleash your inner baker with this high quality baking utensil set. This set includes an electric hand mixer, six stainless steel mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, as well as balloon whisks.
Review: “I am so impressed with the really high quality of this set and the amount of things it comes with considering the very reasonable price. The bowls are well made, sturdy and come in every size you could ever need. I like that the mixer has whisk attachments as well as your traditional mixer ones and that the measuring spoons also have a leveler to ensure you get the exact measurement. The hand mixer has 7 speed settings so you can really tailor it to what you’re mixing which is great. Am very impressed.” – Kate E DavisBuy on Amazon
19. Enjoy easy, one-pot meals where you can sauté, sear and simmer all in one pot. After dinner is served, cleanup is a breeze with the Instant Pot Duo.
Review: “This is so easy to use, and it’s the perfect size for one or two people. I’ve been making a lot of stews, and I’ll saute the onions, carrots, and meat (if I’m using meat) then add everything else, seal it, and set it for 7 minutes on high pressure. I let it release naturally and have a perfectly cooked, tasty meal every time. This gives me enough for 4 or 5 servings. I’ve even baked banana bread in it!!! So exciting, because I don’t have an oven. It turned out SO good! I used one of the containers and the lid from my To-Go Ware stainless steel lunch container to bake it in on the rack.” – The GalavanBuy on Amazon
20. These airtight containers are perfect for all your food storage needs. If you enjoy meal prepping your food, add this 12-container microwaveable set to your cart. You won’t regret it!
Review: “I use the product every day. It’s a very tight fit and definitely leak proof. I prep my food a couple days at a time and not only appreciate the different sizes but this is one of the few kits that you buy that you don’t have to pay for a bunch a very small ones that you never use. I use all of these often. They also do well in the dishwasher.” – Amazon CustomerBuy on Amazon
21. Want a spice cabinet that never looks messy? Try this non-skid 3-tier spice organizer that creates more space in cluttered cabinets.
Review: “After my cat destroyed a spice rack that I had built, I was looking for a cheap option to replace it. I only had 25 inches of counter space available, so I picked up one 15 inch and one 10 inch 3-tier organizer. Side by side, they greatly improved the amount of space I have available for spices.” – C. KelleyBuy on Amazon
22. Grab these 100% cotton dish cloths that are quick drying and super absorbent, allowing you to mop up any liquid in a jiffy.
Review: “These towels are beautiful, absorbent, perfect thickness for dishes wiping and all kinds of kitchen use. Easy and enjoyable to work with.” – AmasongBuy on Amazon
23. These Pyrex measuring cups are made from non-porous glass that won’t absorb food odors, flavors, or stains.
Review: “Nothing beats a classic pyrex measuring cup for cooking and baking. I love that this has both metric and imperial measurements, so I can use recipes from all over the world.” – NicoleBuy on Amazon
24. If you suffer from disappearing container lids, store them in this organizer that fits in most cabinets or drawers.
Review: “This is a great caddy for all of those maverick Tupperware lids that disappear like socks in a laundry room. I was able to fit quite a few into it. It comes with five separators to cordon off different sizes/shapes of lids (see photos) and consolidate two of three previous lids bins into this one. Plus, according to their card insert, the company is a small women-owned business, which I’m always happy to support.” – Bridget D.Buy on Amazon